Thursday, January 21, 2010

My running gear

In the hall closet there is an Ikea wire basket clothes storage drawer. The top wire basket is where I store all my running gear and doo-dads. Here are the contents...

2 whistles – that I've lost in this basket. It may be inside another basket that sits inside the big basket... anyway I always carry a whistle when running on the Sunshine Coast because every now and then a bear or two may cross your path, or maybe even a Sasquatch! In my case I came across two very cute bear cubs up a tree. I stopped and cooed over how cute they were and watched them for a while. Until I realized that meant Momma bear must be around too. I walked backwards back the direction I came and still didn't see Momma and when I felt that the coast was clear, I bolted outta there like never before (like lightning!). I guess I could run with a bear bell too. But while hiking one summer a park ranger told me about using a whistle as a bear deterrent. Anyway, that experience was cool. I can now say, I saw bears while running.



Lululemon Brisk Run Gloves with the soft fabric on the fingers so I can wipe my snotty nose - Oh and the little pocket in the palm to stuff my snot rag!


Fuel belt
 
PowerBar Fuel gels
I can usually only stand the chocolate and coffee flavours and I really like the caffeinated gels. At almost every run event I've done they hand out strawberry/banana flavoured gels and it makes me gag. I think it's because that flavour reminds me of the flavoured flouride the dentist used to give me as a kid and it would ALWAYS make me sick until I discovered that you didn't actually have to choose a flavour and you could just go with NO flavour... why didn't the dentist tell me that?!?!

Nike+
I've gone through 2 shoe pods before I poured water down into my iPod insert by accident. I've run over 500km with this kit and now I'm just waiting for the Nike near me to restock on Nike+ Sportbands! Can't wait to treat myself to a new gadget. I really like tracking my running.

Toque – to keep my head and ears warm on cold days

White mesh running cap with red maple leaf (so that when I run in the US people yell, "Go Canada Go!") – to keep my head cool and keep the sweat from falling into my eyes on hot days and I'm Canadian, eh?

A headlamp – I mostly use this for camping and keep it in my running basket with the intention of using it on dark winter morning runs.

Fuelbelt High Visibility Vest
I really don't want to be road kill - it's not really my style. Dark, rainy, winter morning runs and cars can be dangerous. I use this for running on the side of the highway on the Sunshine Coast (which I haven't done yet, I just keep on planning to but I end up finding other routes to run.)


Ziploc bag – to hold my inhaler, tissues and cell phone
Oakley sunglasses - for the bright sunny days

Finally this wire basket drawer is the very top drawer and also is where my gym bag and its contents often rest.

Now should I tell you what's in my gym bag or the wire basket below where I keep my ski stuff??

No comments:

Post a Comment