Sunday, November 20, 2011

Hustle Hard

Things I see on my running journeys: Hustle Hard.
Spotted at Marinaside Crescent and Davie Street, Yaletown.
It's Sunday. Sunday long-run day. I haven't run in two weeks. Two whole weeks! I've been sick one week after another. Cold, flu, cough. Repeat. Heck, I'm not young and invincible anymore.

Woke up coughing. Probably asthma triggered by the cold & flu. Got up and got ready. Just gotta get out and run. Layered up, stuffed tissues and an inhaler into my pocket and headed out. No set distance in mind. Run.

Man, it felt good to run today. I thought I'd had to use my puffer, my legs would feel like lead and I'd have a miserable run in general. I felt light and I wanted to skip, leap and pirouette - while I ran! I did that in my imagination to save myself from tripping, falling on my face and then having to deal with the embarrassment and possibly a crowd surrounding the crazy-lady-runner star-fished face down on the seawall. BUT a lady did a dancey spin as I passed her! I got my pirouette after all - vicariously. Confession, I did do a bit of skipping. (I am young and invincible after all!!!)

It was a beautiful day for a run, snow on the mountains, clear water, crisp cold air - just perfect.

So what do I do now that I'm back running? Do I start over at week one with my training schedule? Do I skip up to week three? All I know is I'm going to have to hustle and hustle hard.

Pre-run: Gluten-free toast with warm almond butter and black currant jam. Water.
During run: A sip of water from water fountain
Post-run: A nice, hot cup of JJ Bean soy latte. Mmm mmm! Water,1000mg vitamin C & 1000 I.U. vitamin D (just in case, don't want to catch another cold) Spicy pumpkin-coconut soup & a bit of leftover rice.
Notes: A little tightness in right IT between 5 and 6 mile mark. Runny nose.

No comments:

Post a Comment