Monday, November 21, 2011

Aggressive Time Savings Measures Act of 2010 & Ski Bum Soundtrack

I’ve got my Whistler Blackcomb EDGE card and I’m ready for winter!!!

Every other weekend, my husband, his bestfriend and I leave Vancouver early in the morning and drive up to Whistler for a day of skiing and snowboarding. The number one must-have for the drive up is a great play-list. So I'm going to be prepared! A drive-up-pre-ski playlist, a while-I-ski playlist as well as an apres-ski playlist. Time to make new playlists for the ski season!

A number two must-do for the drive is not stop to pee. Yup, you read that right, no pee breaks. No pee breaks!!! The “Aggressive Time Savings Measures Act of 2010” was enacted last year... by the guys of course. After a few weekends of stopping for a pee-stop and coffee in Squamish the guys had enough of getting up to Whistler later than they wanted. I was making them late. My small bladder was slowing things down. The Squamish stop on the way to Whistler was voted out of our journey.

So, I'm not allowed to have morning coffee anymore because I always have to stop in Squamish to use the bathroom. I like to buy snacks too since the guys don't seem to ever get hungry. If I want coffee I have to wake up extra early, drink it at home and make sure my bladder is empty before boarding the ski-bum-mobile. We must get as many hours and runs in as possible. This is the way it is for this girl if she wants to hang out with the boys. It's ok because I kick their asses on the mountain. I gotta give them something, right?

Anyway, here's some of the music I'll be adding to my playlists



Sleigh Bells - “Riot Rhythm”
MGMT - “Kids”
Foster the Kids - “Pumped Up Kicks”
Temper Trap - “Sweet Disposition” great for cruising
Yeah Yeah Yeahs = “Zero”
The Vaccines - “Wetsuit”
Arcade Fire - “Neighbourhood #1” walked around Paris listening to this
Florence + The Machine - “No Light, No Light”
Apostle of Hustle - “Chances are”
Metric - “Help I'm Alive”
Phoenix - “If I ever feel better”
Caribou - “Melody Day”
Stars - “Take me to the Riot”
Kate Nash - “Pumpkin Soup”
Metric - “Stadium Love”
Built to Spill - “Else”
M.I.A. - "“Paper Planes”
Brazilian Girls - “Good Time”


1 comment:

  1. I once had to pee in the middle of the sea to sky during a traffic jam a couple years ago (in between two of our cars)... because it was snowing really bad and cars were moving so slow. I had a cup of coffee in Squamish when we stopped at Walmart for food that I should've NOT had. :S

    ReplyDelete