Thursday, June 17, 2010

Sunday Brunch: Pasta Frittata!

This is what I made for Sunday brunch after my hill running on the Sunshine Coast. This brunch was AF's idea. He requested an omelette made with leftover ravioli. We wanted to carry as little leftover food as possible back to Vancouver in our car. Especially if the lineup for the ferry ended up a two sailing wait in the hot sun.

6 eggs
leftover items from previous night's dinner
  • leftover pasta - in my case this was leftover ravioli in mushroom & garlic alfredo sauce
  • a dallop of leftover sauce
  • sauteed mushrooms
  • sauteed zucchinni
  • you can add some grated cheese - but I wanted to keep this light and omitted the cheese

First, run hills for about 2 hours. Jump into icy lake. Stand in lake for about 15-20 minutes. Admire nature. Get inside, dry off.

Then heat a 9" cast iron fry sautee pan at medium. Layer the mushrooms, zucchini and then pasta in pan. Beat eggs and leftover sauce together. Poor egg mixture over pasta and veggies. I let it sit there about 10 minutes before remembering that I was supposed to put it in the oven.

Place in 350 degree oven about 15minutes. Let sit for a bit before serving. Serves 4-6.

Tada!!! Pasta Fritatta! I served the frittata with half a "Everything" bagel and mimosas, YUM!!!

Sorry, I don't measure when I cook. But now that I'm writing down the recipes, I think I will start measuring so that it's easier for you to try out and improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment