Thursday, June 3, 2010

My bucket list

Thinking about all the things I want on my list is taking a while. I’ve done a lot already like live abroad, travel across Canada, or hitch-hike.
Or lie in the middle of the road at night to watch the stars. I was with my friends and the road was still warm from the sun earlier in the day.
Or go skinny dipping! My friend and I decided on a spur of the moment to rush up to Horseshoe Bay to see if we could catch the last ferry to Langdale. We drove up the Sunshine Coast to a friend's cabin and stopped at one of our favourite lakes. We ran down to the beach and we didn’t have ANYTHING with us, not even towels. (Now if I had known the rule as stated in the Hitch Hikers’ Guide to the Galaxy, I wouldn't have had this towel problem) We turned our backs to each other stripped down and ran into the water, WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Anyway, here's my list so far, in no particular order:
  1. Learn to golf  did this summer of 2008
  2. Run a half marathon - did my first one Feb. 2009! And did 4 more after that! Woo! 
  3. Run a full marathon - Done! Oct 17, 2010 - Nike San Francisco Women's Marathon!!!
  4. Run a marathon that I have to qualify for - this is going to take a looooong time
  5. Do a cycling competition
  6. Do a bicycle touring trip
  7. Rock climb
  8. Scuba dive - I’m taking lessons!!!
  9. Snorkel
  10. Surf
  11. Get tattoos - Get some more tattoos
  12. Wind surf
  13. Sail - not sure how I would do this because I get motion-sick, real sick
  14. Swim with dolphins like Bree Wee does 
  15. Earn my own kayak - what I mean by earn is kayaking often enough to warrant buying my own, I love kayaking!
  16. A canoe trip - travel up to the Yukon and kayak/canoe back down
  17. Complete a triathlon
  18. Complete Ironman - this one will take a long time too
  19. Hang glide/paraglide
  20. Road trip - Oregon Coast? I've already done Canada...
  21. Sky dive - thinking about this just makes me weak in the knees
  22. Lake-swimming in the rain
  23. Climb a very tall mountain - oh maybe I'll start with Mount Kilimanjaro
  24. Help build a school
  25. Live in a foreign country - live in another foreign country
  26. Live in Hawaii a few years - I really really want to do this 
  27. Sit atop Haleakala and watch the sunrise (I know, such a touristy thing to do but I still want to do it. I regret not doing so the last few times I was there!!)
  28. Relearn French, Japanese, Serbo-Croatian, Mandarin and German
  29. Learn Spanish and Russian - dunno why I haven't picked up anything other than "Prvet"
  30. Become a Yoga instructor
  31. Go back to being vegetarian - maybe even vegan again.
  32. Travel the path of Siddartha Gautama through India and Nepal - this has been on my list forever!
  33. See more of Beautiful British Columbia
  34. Hike the West Coast Trail
  35. Go to Tofino - can't believe it's taking me so long to get to this one. If you're interested in taking me, I've always dreamed of staying here www.wickinn.com
  36. Heli-skiing - check it out www.whistlerheliskiing.com no jumping out of helicopters like in the Warren Miller videos!
  37. Raise bees and make my own "artisanal" honey
  38. Dogsledding!
  39. Learn to drive. Yes, that’s right. I DON'T drive... and it’s really hard to do a road trip if I don’t drive :-/ so ashamed to even admit it. But seriously I've biked, bussed and walked everywhere!
  40. Skinny dip! (like mentioned above, I've ready been skinny dipping)
  41. ...

    Travel - the places I want to see
    • Tibet
    • Nepal
    • India
    • Rajasthan
    • Angkor Wat
    • Vietnam
    • Malaysia - meet my grandma and family
    • go back to Japan
    • Hong Kong - see my grandparents again before they go
    • go back to Paris
    • go back to Belgrade
    • Scotland
    • North and South Africa

    1 comment:

    1. Wow that is such an awesome list!! I have no doubt that you will achieve all of you goals and dreams!!!

      ReplyDelete