Friday, November 30, 2012

Happy Weekend!

TGIF! What are your weekend plans? We're heading up to the Sunshine Coast with close friends this weekend. I love the Sunshine Coast. It's where I got engaged. It's also where I met my husband totally by chance in the ferry line up.

Yes, love does happen in the BC Ferries line ups. The summer ritual of taking off for the weekend had been taking place for a few years. My friends had often teased me that I would meet my "Sunshine Boy" up on the Coast. I would reply by making like I was holding binoculars and look around searching for my "Sunshine Boy."

It was the last summer trip up the coast for me and my friends and like every other Friday evening we were waiting in the ferry line up. We bumped into one of my friend's co-workers while walking around and passing time. Introductions were made and my friend's co-worker invited us to over for lunch the next day.

My friends and I arrived the next day, we had lunch, we swam in the lake, sat on the swing and chatted (he said he liked my itty bitty polka-dot bikini). That was it, that was the beginning of our journey. What a crazy, chance happening!

There won't be swimming in the lake this weekend but maybe some sitting by the wood stove. Playing with our friend's toddler and our dogs, lots of cooking and maybe some quiet time for reading.

I hope to sneak away for a bit to get a long run in with this pack. I absolutely love the long quiet runs up there, it's been a while. I am so, so, lucky and grateful for what I have.

Here's a great song, "Into The Wild," by LP. Have a happy weekend! :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment