Monday, November 19, 2012

Drying shoes after a rainy run

Running in Vancouver means running in the rain. Last night I had what will be one of many, many months of running in the rain. Some people sing "Dancing in the Rain," I sing, "Running in the Rain."

Running in the rain also means wet, soggy shoes. Here's a tip I'd like to share to get your shoes dry again and ready for your next run!

When you purchase a new pair of shoes they're usually stuffed with tissue. Keep those! Or use scrunched up newspaper and stuff them loosely into your wet shoes. The newsprint will help absorb moisture from your shoes. This should take about a day to dry. After my runners are dried out, I give them a good spritz of anti-stink shoe spray.

Wet shoes
Take out the insides
Scrunch up newsprint paper or gift wrap tissue
Stuff your wet shoes loosely with the paper
Finally, mud or sand can be kicked off easily after the shoes are dry. Happy running in the rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment