Sunday, December 5, 2010

Looking for my running mojo

Here are a few photos from my Sunday run. I've been in a bit of a running low. Just feeling, meh and feeling just damn lazy! I'm sure I'll get over it really soon. Apparently it's normal to feel bummed after a marathon - for up to two months. I guess that makes sense. I felt incredibly high and wonderful for about two whole weeks after the Nike San Francisco Women's Marathon.

I had a bit of fun on my run this morning. I would NOT let a guy who passed me whom I then passed, pass me. No dude. Nope, not today. YOU, sir are not allowed to pass me. Sir, I beat you on the hill and I will beat you around the pool too! Let's go! He kept trying. I kept on hearing his foot steps get close and then fall away behind and back again. I felt competitive today. Well at least for a bit. See? I'll get over my running slump. :-)

View from English Bay
Gail's bench. Off to the left not pictured is Christine's bench.
She lost her fight with cancer November 29, 2009.
Christine is AF's mom.
Note: Vancouver coffee shops should carry gluten-free goodies. I was STARVING after my run and went out to get coffee and a treat. I gave up, skipped coffee, went home and made my own food instead. Coffee shops, I would have dropped $20 easily on treats because my eyes are always bigger than my tummy when I'm hungry. Instead I saved that money and ate at home instead.

2 comments:

  1. A fun way to deal with the post Marathon bummer is to return to one of your Marathon sites and run the last 5km or the last Mile at your 5km or your Mile speed. Great to pretend that is how you finished the race. Things you look at are different when you are whipping right by them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to go back to San Francisco! Thanks for the tip. Now I'll go bug AF that we HAVE to go back to San Francisco - maybe that's where I left my heart. :-P

    ReplyDelete