Thursday, December 3, 2009

Therapeutic cooking




I've been cooking like crazy. Today I made gibanica. I'm cooking way more than both my bf and I can eat!

I don't measure but here's approximately what I used

1 cup cottage cheese
1 cup sour cream or you can use yoghurt
3/4 cup of feta
some sparkling mineral water
3 eggs
1 pkg of filo pastry

Line the bottom of baking pan with sheets of butter filo then fill the pan with sheets of filo soaked in the cheese, sour cream, feta, mineral water and egg mixture. I watched many times my friends' moms make this and never thought I would remember what to use or how to make it. It's so easy! Bake at around 400°F for about an hour. Check on the gibanica time may vary according to oven. I baked mine for about 45-50 minutes.

I also seen one of my friend's mom use some flour, sparkling mineral water, cottage cheese and some grated mozzarella. I'm going to try to make this a few times and try to get it light and not heavy and greasy...  


The real reason why I've been cooking (aside from obsessive running) is that my boyfriend's mom lost her battle with cancer Sunday evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment