Monday, April 16, 2012

Vancouver Sun Run race report

Here's a quick report on the my run - Vancouver Sun Run 10k:

It was cold this morning! I should have left my place a little later - I arrived around 8:30am and waited in the corral for over an hour. I had fun trying to keep warm jogging on the spot and doing a little dance here and little dance there.

This is a really easy run. The energy is great. I love the sound of all the thousands of feet hitting the pavement. The rhythm and the carries me. Me and oh, about 40,000 running friends. Talk about AMAZING energy. I hoped to see some of my Sun Run InTraining trainees but didn't manage to bump into any of my guys.

I planned to pick up speed the last two or three kilometres but it was way too crowded! So, I cheered people who looked like they needed a bit of encouragement as I passed and thanked volunteers for coming out. Yes, volunteers, you matter! AND you make my day.

The run was fairly easy all the way, the music was good as well as the overall energy of the people around me. Good energy is so infectious. Oh and I had to make a pee stop just by English Bay - a kid butt in line ran into my port-o-loo to barf as I stepped out. I wonder what he ate? The wait for the loo took about 5min off my time. I finished at 1'00'47"

No comments:

Post a Comment