Monday, July 26, 2010

Just another manic Monday... ?



Had a bit of strange encounter today. Got my adrenaline rushing. My blood boiled a bit.

I was standing in front of a shop at the corner of Georgia and Granville Streets waiting for AF when a guy started to harass me. I told him to fuck off to show that I wasn't scared of him but I think that gave him fuel for his hate of me and my slanty eyes.

I stood my ground and didn't move as he put his face really close to mine and threatened death at me by gesturing slitting the throat and told me to go back to Hong Kong and China.

He went on to thank me and my people for building the railway and gestured slitting the throat again and hammering nails. He walked around a bit and continued to gesture the hammering nails and slitting throat.

I stood there silent and just faced him. I didn't want to show fear or weakness.

He asked if I knew how I and my people treated dogs - by frying them in peanut oil.

He walked back up close to me again.

He gestured again slitting of the throat and strangling and said something about fishing lines and something about thin eyes.

I couldn't hear him anymore because my anger and adrenaline was taking over and all I could hear was my heart pounding.

At that moment I really wished that I was physically strong. I wanted to pick him up and slam him on the ground. I wanted to hurt him. I wanted to make him sorry. I wanted him to know and feel the hurt. But he didn't even deserve that. He didn't deserve any of my energy. He wasn't worth it. He's not worth it. It's not worth perpetuating such a negative energy.

His life already sucks. He chooses to carry the burden of hate and anger.

Listen to the lyrics of Matisyahu in the above video.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness - how absolutely horrific! I probably would have cried if this happened to me. People can be really cruel. Sometimes words are the only weapon they have available to make themselves feel powerful or even relevant.
    However, you cannot fight hate with hate so good for you for taking the high road, and for recognizing that it was even an option.

    Great song by Matisyahu - he is such an amazing artist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear that you had that experience. I am so proud of the way that you handled yourself!! Winnie you're pretty awesome, and I hope that you know that!!! xo

    ReplyDelete