Monday, May 24, 2010

Summer to-do list

It's the first long weekend in a while and I'm SICK!
So I've had some time to think about all the things I'd like to do this summer.
  • Rock-climbing: this was on my "to-do with boyfriend" list last year but we were consumed with apartment-hunting and our summer just flew by.
  • Scuba-diving lessons: I'm really excited about this one! I bought an intro scuba-diving course through the Diving Locker for only $25(!!!) through Groupon
  • Cycling: I got through step one of this - I bought myself a used bike. A Trek 1000! I'm still apprehensive of riding around traffic. I used to bike everywhere but just over 10 years ago I was hit twice in one week when I was living overseas. The last time was a SUV, I only remember getting really mad at the lady and picking my mangled bike and throwing it at her car and walking over to the curb to sit down and cry and then walking home.
  • Swim lots: My goal this summer is to be able to swim over to "Pirate's Island" up at the family cabin on the lake. I'm a weak swimmer, so I've got lots of swimming to do!
  • Camping: I really like sleeping under trees, being able to see the stars, swimming in fresh water and I'd like to get more use out of my new tent or I'll have to set it up in my office and play pretend camping (again).
  • Run, ride and swim Sunshine Coast lots when I'm up there
  • Grouse Grind! I'm planning on going on Tuesdays or Wednesdays with Mark (IT guy at work - w/o him I would almost die) and maybe Thursdays with my boyfriend and Paul, one of the guys I was running with on our Web Dev run team.
  • Spend some more time on the beach! I love the beach and YES, I like romantic walks on the beach. But my friends and I usually end up leaving our boyfriends at home to their computers and go ourselves and enjoy romantic walks and picnics on the beach. (Our boys have got to get their priorities in order, right?!?) 
  • Get another bike: I'm thinking of following my little brother's (ok not so little, he's way taller and bigger than me) and play around with a BMX. He does flatland competitions but I don't intend to go that far. I just want a little bike for fun and errands. 
  • Skydiving: this one's been on my list for a while. I'm chicken, OK? Plus it's expensive. 
I only appreciated the city after leaving it for 3 years of traveling. Our city has so much to offer. Everything is close by, the mountains, ocean and clean air, oh and the people aren't too bad :-). I love Vancouver.
I'm not sure if I'll get through this entire list, it's not a long list but I'll try. I need to fit these activities in between all the concerts, festivals and other fun things that summer brings to the city!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment