Saturday, September 26, 2009

Prada + Me = HOT mess!

Dropped of Andrew at the airport, he's on his way to see you! I took the new Canada Line home this evening... only I didn't make it home. I made it to WINNERS!!!
I was there FOREVER! There is a new shipment of designer clothing from Valentino, BCBG, Max Mara, Cole Haan, Chloé...

I tried on a beautiful black wool coat from Cole Haan - it fit really nicely and hung very well. $399. I walked around, pretended I owned and put it back.

I tried on a beige (pictured on left - but lighter in colour and looks better than on the picture) coat from See by Chloé - it ALSO fit really nicely and hung very well. $299. Pretty big shiny buttons and the colour didn't wash me out like I thought it might. I walked around, checked myself out in the mirror... pretended I owned it and then put it back. These jackets fit PERFECTLY! and I owned it for 5 minutes .

I also found a pair of wellingtons from Cole Hann Nike Air - the first pair I found had orange rubber on the lower part of the boot - I stomped around in them as I looked at other shoes. And then I found another pair that were a dark green instead of the orange. I took my orange ones off and put on the green ones and stomped around in them as I looked at MORE shoes. You see, my intention was to look for a new pair of basic black heels for work. My current work heels are looking a bit ghetto. Anyway, stomp stomp stomp they felt pretty comfortable! I really liked them! and I didn't find a pair of replacement work heels...


So I took them off and put my runners back on BUT I hung onto the wellies. So off to the designer racks to look at all the pretty dresses that I won't even dare try. There were dresses for $999!!! Pretty ones! (to look at) and then the purses! there was a really nice slouchy seude Coach purse but it was REALLY heavy. I'm not supposed to carry heavy bags because of my left shoulder and neck pain. So I just put it back.

THEN I found a Prada laptop case. Only $399! NICE! Simple and black - the classic Prada look. It would match my Prada purse! There was no size on it and I couldn't figure out if it would fit my MacBook. So I carried it around for a bit. See how it would feel holding it and carrying it around... I was holding that and my boots and I wondered off because I saw some really neat looking luggage (a vintage line from a brand I cant recall right now) and then the alarm on the purse went off!!! I didn't know it was me for about 30 seconds and kept on looking at the luggage. It was neat - I was looking at the pattern inside and at how it was partitioned and at the pockets... and then looked up annoyed to see where the sound was coming from.

IT WAS MEEEEEE!

When I looked up, store detectives were rushing towards me and I said, "oh my god! it's me! It's the alarm! It's me!!" well, it wasn't really me ME but the purse really but it was still me... but the store detectives realizing that I wasn't really a shop lifter walked pass and another turned around. But stupid me, followed one and said, "it's me!! The alarm! IT'S ME!!" but the store detective kept on walking! and I was HOT, and blushing and SO SO SO EMBARASSED. And at this point, I started to sweat a bit, I totally felt my ears turn bright red.

BUT I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING. But this stupid alarm wass calling out to everybody, "HEY!!! LOOK AT THIS GIRL! HEY! HEY! SHE'S STEALING! LOOK! LOOK! OVER HERE!!! OVER HERE! WEEEE WEEE WEEE! WEEE WEEE! OVER HERE! I'M THE PRADA BAG! KEEP ME SAFE FROM THIS THIEF!!! WEEE WEEE WEEE!!"

I'm guessing that the store detective didn't want to be revealed and thought I would figure it out for myself that I was close enough to a cashier that I could just get her to turn the DAMN noise off. I was 5 steps away from one, she looked at me with that you-are-so-guilty-look. "Umm excuse me, the alarm on this went off. Uhhh..." She took it and turned off the alarm and handed the bag back. Why did she hand it back?? I didn't want it at anymore. My heart was in my mouth!!! I could hardly breath, I was a sweating, hot mess and red red red!! There was an old man nearby laughing at me! ooooh gaaawd. So embarassing.

Oh and at the same time as the deactivation of the WEEE WEEE WEE-ing alarm, my mom called to yell that my dad and her were on their way to see my new place. (yes, I said yell. My mom has a voice that doesn't whisper or speak at a normal tone - she just yells - I'm just going to say it's a Cantonese thing...)"Winnie! Your dad and I are here!"
"Huh? Where? It sounds like you're in the car..."
"Of course we're in the car! We are here in the car!"
"Oh! OK, I'll run over to the apartment building right now! Sorry, I didn't know you would be here so soon!"
"No! We are here! at the store"
"What store?"
"At THE store!"
"oh really??? I'm at Winners too!"
"No, we are IN THE car, at THE store!"
"Ok.... THE store, um, are you close by?"
"NO!!! because we are at THE store!"
"Ok... can you tell me how long before you ar at my place?"
so this goes on a bit till I figure out that she's at some grocery store, somewhere in Vancouver and that she and my dad will be at the apartment in about 20 minutes.

Next phone call
"Winnie!! We are on THE street!"
"Ok mom, I don't see you, I'm in front of the building."
"We are on ANOTHER street!"

I try NOT to get mad... here's how the conversation (monologue) went:

"OH NO! WE MISSED YOUR STREET WE ARE NOW STUCK IN TRAFFIC! UH OH! WE ARE HEADING TO CHINATOWN!! OH NO WE'RE NOT! OH MY! SO MANY RESTAURANTS"

"OH YA-TONE (This is how she say, 'Yaletown') - SO MANY PEOPLE IN YA-TONE!"


"WE CAN'T STAND THIS! TOO MANY PEOPLE AND CARS! WE ARE GOING HOME!"


"NO, WE ARE COMING TO PICK YOU UP!"

"WE ARE GOING TO TAKE YOU BACK TO THE WEST END BECAUSE IT'S DANGEROUS, LOOK AT ALL THESE HOOLIGANS OUT LOOKING FOR TROUBLE ON A SATURDAY NIGHT, YOU CAN'T WALK HOME BY YOURSELF AND DID YOU DROP ANDREW AT THE AIRPORT HOW LONG WILL HE BE THERE FOR? LOOK AT ALL THESE PEOPLE! MANY BAD BOYS! OK WE ARE HERE, WHERE ARE YOU?"

Crap!  (my poor dad is cool and mellow all through this...)

Oh so in the end, I put the Prada bag back on the shelf but bought the Wellies and I am safe because my mom and dad drove me back to the West End.

I can also add a whole new posting of the conversation during the ride home with my parents but I will spare you.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, it's a great blog.
    I could tell how much efforts you've taken on it.
    Keep doing!

    ReplyDelete